Dr Sarah Gray
GP and Women's Health Specialist located in Cornwall.
Sarah Gray is an experienced GP based in Cornwall. She has high-level expertise in all aspects of Women's Health. She is regarded as a specialist, with a national and international profile.
For 15 years she ran an NHS specialist women's health clinic which served the South West. In 2016 NHS Kernow determined that specialist menopause services would not be funded, and the clinic was closed.
Sarah now works mainly in the independent sector.
In 2019 St Erme Medical was established and is developing into a practice with its own premises and a team approach to provide a wider range of services.
Sarah has provided leadership for women’s health within Cornwall for over 20 years. She provides governance for the sexual health services commission by public health. Nationally she has sat on the British Menopause Society Council and worked with NICE on the management of heavy periods. She led assessment for the fitness to practice directorate of the GMC for over ten years
Sarah spends considerable time teaching and training other healthcare professionals. She lectures nationally and internationally and publishes for both a clinical audience and the public. She has taken the medical phone in for BBC Radio Cornwall and spoken on LBC, Women's Hour, and the Victoria Derbyshire show. She has had articles published in the Daily Telegraph and Woman & Home. She will brief the media.
- RCGP – Royal College of General Practitioners
- FRSH – Faculty of Sexual and Reproductive Healthcare
- BMS - British Menopause Society
- EMAS – European Menopause Society
- IMS – International Menopause Society
- HEA – Higher Education Academy
- PCWHF – Primary Care Women’s Health Forum
- BMA – British Medical Association
- MDDUS – Medical and Dental Defence Union of Scotland
- IDF - Independent Doctors Federation
- GMC - General Medical Council Revalidated 2018